Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How To: Tattoo Cover Up! (My routine)


I am very big on self-expression. One of the reasons I am so into makeup and other beauty related topics is because it is a way to express yourself. With that being said, I have roughly about 11 tattoos. I say roughly because everytime I count, I feel as if I'm missing one. While I dont have any offensive tattoos, sometimes they just dont fit certain occasions (interviews, certain work envirnoment, formal dinners, etc). I started playing around with ways to cover them and this is what i found to work best for me :)

What i use:

-A Sponge or a blending eyeshadow brush (depends on the size of my tatt)
-Concealer (lighter than my shade)
-Dermablend Leg & Body Cover
-MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder
-MAC Mineral Skinfinish
-Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray



Dermablend Leg & Body Cover

Avon Concealer Stick &
Urban Decay All Nighter Long-lasting Setting Spray



MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder NW45 MAC Mineral Skinfinish DARK
Sponge
 - First I take my concealer, and using a stippling motion, I apply it to the tattoo I would like to cover. Depending on the size of the tattoo sometimes I use my 224 to apply the concealer. (Normally I would use my MAC Select Cover Up concealer but I ran out in the shade I need, so I used this AVON concealer stick)
- Next, I take my sponge and do that same stippling motion, over the are where I applied the concealer. (I did this for this particular cover up because of the consistency of the concealer, it is VERY creamy).
- On the other side of the sponge, I poured a little bit of the Dermablend Leg and Body cover, and applied it to the area where I applied the concealer. (For smaller tattoos I use the stipple motion and for the larger tattoos i stipple the middle and blend out the corners)
-The Dermablend doesnt match every part of my body (I have an uneven skintone) so for some tattoos I use a translucent loose setting powder (Dermablend Loose Setting Powder). For the two cover up pictures below I used MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder in NW45, followed by MAC Mineral Skinfinish in DARK. I used my sponge for both but sometimes I use a powder brush.
-Lastly, I spray with a setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter) and then im done!

I also use this routine for my stretch marks but sssshhhhhh!!!!!! ;) LOL.



Before

After




Before


After
Just in case you are interested Dermablend can be found on http://www.macys.com/ or http://www.amazon.com/. Below you can find a list of some of there products as well as prices.
- Dermablend Leg & Body Cover 1 oz. $26.00
-Dermablend Loose Setting Powder 1 oz. $21.00
-Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer SPF 30 $22.00 (Stick)
-Dermablend Cover Creme 1 oz. $33.00
- Dermablend Compact Setting Powder 0.5 oz. $21.00
-Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer $21.00 (Long lasting matte finish)
-Dermablend Leg & Body Tattoo Primer $25.00 (Stick)
-Dermablend Long Wear Makeup Remover $21.00

Hope you enjoyed! 

1 comment:

  1. is the dermablend natural or another color email Michellee.Bailey8@gmail.Com

    ReplyDelete