Wednesday, May 11, 2011

OCC Lip Tar Review + Lip swatches!

OCCAs promised, since I am finished with this semester, I will be posting swatches and reviews of some of the goodies I picked up!

OCC LIP TAR Review

I've had these Lip Tars for about a month. I've used them on gigs and am generally pleased with my purchase.

Pros:
  •  The intensity of the color is build-able. The colors are pigmented but you can use a little bit to give a tint of color and build it up if you'd like to.
  • The consistency of the lip tars is not thick.
  • Has a minty smell to it but does not have a taste.
Cons:
  • Can cause a bit of staining. I found that it depends on the color that's used. I will place a "s" in parenthesis next to the shade to let you know which caused staining during my swatching process.
  • My lips tingled a bit when I applied the lip tar. Not an unbearable or uncomfortable feeling but I just thought I'd share the info.
  • Some of the lip tars are a little more watery then others. 
Tips: 
  • For the shades that stain, I recommend using a makeup remover wipe in combination with a makeup remover lotion or oil to remove the lip color.
  • Shake before using.
  • Remember to moisture lips prior to the application.
  • Apply using a lip brush.

Swatches (Lip & Arm):

Beta

Demure


Traffic

Vapid (Lightly applied)

Lo-Fi (lightly applied)

Feathered

Hoochie



Rx


Tarred

From Top to Bottom:
Beta; Demure; Traffic; Vapid; Lo-Fi; Feathered; Hoochie; Rx; Tarred

Top: (left to right)
Beta; Traffic; Lo-Fi; Rx
Bottom: (left to right)
Hoochie; Demure; Vapid; Tarred; Feathered 

As always thanks for reading! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Let's see some FOTDs (Face of the Days) of Ms.FancyFace!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL as much as I love makeup I rarely wear any.I got you tho Sherry! I'll put one up for you tomorrow. It'll be an EOTD though and it wont be neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sherry Blossom! You need to put that Inglot & OCC stuff to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post! Great review and swatches. I think Hootchie is my fave color so far, I love wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Demure, Rx, Hoochie, Tarred are hot. Traffic is a truly daring showstopper color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!! I will definitely add some of these to my growing collection. Thanks for posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete