Monday, July 18, 2011

Fancy Book Review - Justify My Thug by : Wahida Clark

Wahida Clark is one of my favorite authors, and Thug series has to be my all-time favorite.

Thug series :
1. Thugs & the Women Who Love Them
2. Every Thug Needs a Lady

3. Thug Matrimony

4. Thug Lovin'

5. Justify My Thug

 
Justify My Thug, is the 5th installment of the Thug series. I have been following them since day 1, and while it is very hard for an author to provide us with a follow-up banger, Wahida Clark was able to do so 5 times.

I had the pleasure of seeing the 1st four chapters of Justify My Thug, prior to the books release, but that didn't stop me from anxiously reading the rest once the book arrived. I even went back to re-read the entire series because I was just so open for the book!

I can admit the book had A LOT going on. D-R-A-M-A, but that's definitely not a bad thing. It was written in a way that everything flowed. I found myself saying "oh s*it" multiple times. I was so engrossed in the story that I would get upset the closer I got to the last chapter of the book because that meant I was almost finished and I just did not want the story to end.

I write reviews to give readers my opinion without spoiling it. I will tell you, you find out some interesting facts about
things that transpired in Thug Lovin'. In Justify My Thug , Ms. Clark takes us deeper down the rocky road of Tasha & Trae's marriage while answering the question: "Can love really survive the tough times?". And by the way the book left off I would bet money that Ms. Clark will be providing us with another installment in the future after she has completed Payback 3: Payback Ain't Enough, which she is currently working on.

If I had to rate this book, on a scale of one to ten,  I'd give it an 11. It did EVERYTHING for me. As I have mentioned in a previous book preview post, I ♥ books that capture the ups & downs of relationships. I like situations that expose everyday issues. A lot of times authors try to paint that "pretty" picture for us, but we know that's not how it always goes down. But Wahida Clark gives us the real deal. This book will definitely hold your attention from beginning to end. 

All of the books in the series are available for purchase on http://www.amazon.com/Wahida-Clark/e/B001IGQW0C/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0 . Be sure to visit  her official website: http://www.wclarkpublishing.com/  and follow her on twitter http://twitter.com/WahidaClark . Please check it out and support a great author.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment